Name: Yttrium powderElement symbol: YRelative density: 4.689Atomic volume: (cm3/mole): 19.8Electronic layer layout: 2-8-18-9-2Crystal structure: the unit cell is hexagonal unit cell.Melting point: 1522 ° C (lit.)Boiling point: 3338 ° C (lit.)CAS: 7440-65-5Density: 4.469 g/cm3 (20 ℃)Resisti......
Name: Yttrium powder
Element symbol: Y
Relative density: 4.689
Atomic volume: (cm3/mole): 19.8
Electronic layer layout: 2-8-18-9-2
Crystal structure: the unit cell is hexagonal unit cell.
Melting point: 1522 ° C (lit.)
Boiling point: 3338 ° C (lit.)
Density: 4.469 g/cm3 (20 ℃)
Resistivity: 57 μ Ω-cm, 20°C
Properties: Yttrium can be dissolved in weak acids, strong bases such as potassium hydroxide, and it can also be decomposed in water. Yttrium can form an oxide film on its surface in the air and stably exist in the air. Yttrium is flammable and can react with water to generate hydrogen. Yttrium mainly exists in minerals in the form of compounds, such as silybyllite, monazite, uranyttrium and so on. As an alloy component, yttrium can make alloys have excellent properties such as oxidation resistance, corrosion resistance, heat resistance and high strength. For example, the high temperature corrosion resistance of yttrium containing iron chromium aluminum alloy exceeds that of stainless steel, and has been widely used in heating elements, automobile and motorcycle exhaust control catalysts; Nickel base and cobalt base alloys containing yttrium also have excellent corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance, and have been used as protective coatings on aircraft engine blades; The conductivity of aluminum wire containing only 0.01% yttrium can increase by 50%. Therefore, yttrium metal has been more and more widely used in aerospace rocket, aircraft, automobile manufacturing and other fields.
Yttrium is widely used in industry. It can be used as a yttrium phosphor to make TV screens red. It is also used in some ray filters, superconductors, superalloys and special glasses. Yttrium is resistant to high temperature and corrosion, and can be used as the cladding material of nuclear fuel. Yttrium can form stable chelates with various ammonia carboxyl complexes; Neodymium bearing yttrium aluminum garnet is an excellent laser material, yttrium iron garnet is an excellent laser material, and yttrium iron garnet and yttrium aluminum garnet are new magnetic materials.
1) Additives for steel and non-ferrous alloys. FeCr alloys usually contain 0.5-4% yttrium, which can enhance the oxidation resistance and ductility of these stainless steels; After adding appropriate amount of yttrium rich mixed rare earth into MB26 alloy, the comprehensive properties of the alloy have been significantly improved, which can replace some medium strength aluminum alloys for aircraft load-bearing components; The conductivity of Al Zr alloy can be improved by adding a small amount of yttrium rich rare earth; The alloy has been adopted by most domestic wire plants; The conductivity and mechanical strength of copper alloy are improved by adding yttrium. (2) Silicon nitride ceramic materials containing 6% yttrium and 2% aluminum can be used to develop engine components. (3) The Chemicalbook uses a 400W Nd: YAG laser beam to drill, cut and weld large components. (4) The electron microscope fluorescent screen composed of Y-Al garnet single crystals has high fluorescence brightness, low absorption of scattered light, and good resistance to high temperature and mechanical wear. (5) The high yttrium structural alloy containing 90% yttrium can be used in aviation and other occasions requiring low density and high melting point. (6) At present, yttrium doped SrZrO3 high-temperature proton conducting material is of great significance to the production of fuel cells, electrolytic cells and gas sensors requiring high hydrogen solubility. In addition, yttrium is also used as high temperature resistant spraying materials, diluent of nuclear reactor fuel, permanent magnet material additive and getter in the electronic industry.
1. A preparation method of metallic yttrium, which is characterized in that the ternary molten salt system of yttrium fluoride, lithium fluoride and barium fluoride is adopted, and the weight percentage of the composition is YF3 ∶ LiF ∶ BaF=(65 ～ 80) ∶ (20 ～ 30) ∶ (5 ～ 10), and the yttrium magnesium alloy is produced by the electrolytic eutectoid method of the mixture of yttrium oxide and magnesium oxide, The mixture of yttrium oxide and magnesium oxide is composed of Y2O384-90% and MgO 10-16% by weight, and the cathode current density of electrolysis is 15-30A/Cm2.
2. The preparation method according to claim 1, which is characterized in that the electrolysis temperature is 1020-1080 ℃.
3. The preparation method according to claims 1 and 2, wherein the weight percentage of molten salt composition is YF3 ∶ LiF ∶ BaF=70 ∶ 25 ∶ 5.
4. The preparation method according to claims 1 and 2, wherein the cathode current density is 20A/Cm2.
Seal the container and store it in a cool, dry place. Do not contact with acid, oxidant, alkali metal and air.